We want you to participate in what happens at City Hall. Below you’ll find some of the ways – a modified version of a list published by Commissioner Brittany Norris – to stay in the know.
1) Join a board or committee – Our city benefits greatly from the work and experience of our citizens. Check out current boards on the City website (www.coab.us) to find the right fit for you. These boards make valuable recommendations to the City Commission on issues of the environment, zoning, city events, finances, and more. See the full list at www.coab.us/boards
2) Bookmark and follow COAB’s (City of Atlantic Beach) news page (www.coab.us/news), meeting/events calendar (www.coab.us/calendar), and projects (www.coab.us/projects)
3) Sign up for Atlantic Beach’s e-newsletter – It’s as easy as sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and saying, “Sign me up!” This newsletter is usually published 20-25 times a year, and particularly is a key communications tool during emergencies.
4) Attend a City Commission meeting – Regular meetings are held in the Commission Chamber of City Hall at 6:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Mondays of each month, except in December. Commission, board and committee meeting announcements are posted at www.coab.us/calendar. All meetings not only are open to the public, we really, really want you to be there.
5) “Like” the City of Atlantic Beach, Recreation Department and Police Department on Facebook – You’ll get updates right in your newsfeed.
6) Subscribe to NextDoor – The City posts regularly on this popular app, which connects people with their neighbors and engages the local community. Get started by downloading the NextDoor app on your smartphone.
7) Check out your Monthly Utility Bill Newsletter – Archives are at www.coab.us/newsletters.
8) Make a request/report a concern – www.coab.us/request.
9) Stay in touch - Feel free to email us any time at email@example.com. Want to email all of the City Commission member at once? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.