Our next blood drive in the AB City Hall parking lot will be Friday, May 26, from noon to 5 p.m. All donors will receive a $20 eGift card AND a sweet water bottle, PLUS a nifty wellness checkup including blood pressure, temperature, iron count, pulse and cholesterol screening!
Please help spread the good word. Need inspiration? Check out Eddie’s story.
About the health benefits of blood donation to us donors … Did you know that men who donate blood reduce their risk of heart disease and heart attacks by 88%. Here is some interesting reading:
Blood drive checklist
- Safety precautions
- Information on Iron
- Please eat a meal at least two hours prior to donating.
- Please bring photo ID; a photo of your ID on smartphone will suffice.
- Please make sure you give the bus staff your current email address. This is how donors will log into their own personal account to get their screening results.
- Do you have the OneBlood app for smartphones? The app stores the donor’s blood type, donation history, current eligibility status, where to find a donation site and more. The Wellness Center tab is where vitals information from past donations is stored, tracking Iron Count, Cholesterol, Pulse, Blood Pressure and Temperature.
- Did you know there are increasing donor incentives?! See ONEBLOOD DONOR FREQUENCY PROGRAM: INCREASED INCENTIVES
- Do you know about maximizing your generosity by donating double red cells? Here’s the scoop.
- Check out this brief video about a Oneblood Donor: Video There are more on www.oneblood.org