Three Beaches, One Community Bahamas Hurricane Relief
After 36 hours of battering the Bahamas in late-August 2019, Hurricane Dorian forever changed the Bahamas. But with our help, the country and its survivors can overcome the tremendous challenges they face.
The cities of Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach and Neptune Beach are joining forces with the Boy Scouts of America North Florida Council, Florida East Coast Railway and Raven Transport to lend a hand.
Approved donated food and supplies will be accepted between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m Friday and Saturday, Sept. 27-28, at the following locations:
Jacksonville Beach Fire Station No. 1, 325 Second Ave. S.
The donated items will be transported to the Florida East Coast Railway, which has containers staged in Jacksonville for shipping to the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) in the Bahamas.
Here is the NEMA-approved list of food and supplies that will be accepted. Donors to the Three Beaches, One Community Bahamas Relief project should not donate any items that are not on this list:
- Ready-to-eat meals
- Cots (adult size)
- Hygiene items (children & adult diapers), baby wipes, sanitary napkins, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, toilet paper, hand sanitizer
- Bottled water (cases)
- Non-perishable food (canned fish, canned meat, canned pureed veg, peanut butter, jars of baby food, powdered milk, baby fertilizer)
- Disposable cutlery (pre-packaged cutlery, cups, plates)
- Water bladders (size: 2,500 gallons)
- Reusable water containers (size: 3 gallons)
- First-aid items (sterile bandages & gauze, tape)
- Portable generators (15kw-25kw)
- Chain saws
- Plastic tarpaulins
- Debris-removal tools (shovels, rakes, axes, wheelbarrows)
- Portable stoves (single- and double-burner)
- Portable lamps/lights (outdoor; battery-operated)
- Water purification kits (Brita water filters & purification tablets)
- Flashlights (wind-up and battery-operated)
- Blankets & towels
- Insect repellent (spray, bracelets)
- Portable radios (wind-up and battery-operated)
- Batteries (D cell, AA)
- Cleaning supplies (bleach, brooms, mops, Pinesol, garbage bags)
- Life jackets & ponchos (children & adult)