Please call (904) 247-5800 or email Building-Dept@coab.us with questions, and see below for more information.
We only accept permit submittals electronically, either via email or via a ShareFile link for large submittals. Please see below for more instructions. Please click HERE for permit applications and forms.
- PERMIT SUBMITTALS LESS THAN 5 PAGES can be submitted via email to Building-Dept@coab.us. All permit documents MUST be attached in PDF format.
- PERMIT SUBMITTALS 5 PAGES OR MORE can now be submitted via a ShareFile link. Please email Building-Dept@coab.us to request the ShareFile link. All permit documents MUST be PDF format.
- Incomplete application documents, incomplete submittals, or documents not in PDF format will NOT be processed. You will be notified via email if your permit submittal is incomplete.
- Please provide an email address AND telephone number on permit applications for BOTH the owner AND contractor.
- Permit payment instructions will be sent after the permit is approved and ready for payment. Please allow up to 10 business days for plan review of ALL permit submittals, corrections, and revisions.
- Inspections should be scheduled by applicants in the usual way, by calling (904) 247-5814.
- Inspection of permitted and essential work continue to be done, with some conditions.
Inspection of enclosed or close spaces will be at the Inspector’s discretion.
Inspections in unoccupied enclosed spaces may be conducted after the space has been left unoccupied for 24 hours.
Only one trade crew at a time is allowed in a new building, once it is enclosed. This will include new houses, starting with the rough trades and continuing through final inspections. Workers shall adhere to all social distancing requirements and sites shall be provided with basic infection prevention and safety equipment to reduce the risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
Contractors repairing or replacing equipment or fixtures in occupied buildings (Considered essential work) should schedule the inspection for the day the work will be completed and then call the Building Department to schedule a Remote Video Inspection when the work is complete and ready for inspection.