Our Public Works Department provides extensive services affecting the health, safety and quality of life of our City residents, businesses and customers. Our employees strive to provide courteous and efficient services to include street and sidewalk construction and maintenance; maintenance of the City's stormwater system; park maintenance; beaches; fleet maintenance; installation and maintenance of street/traffic signs; and supervising contract refuse collection (both residential and commercial).
The Public Works Department is responsible for the following Divisions in the City:
- Public Works Administration
- Streets and Stormwater
- Park Maintenance
- Building Maintenance
- Landscape and Beautification
- Fleet Maintenance
Departmental administrative responsibilities include the following:
- Provide construction engineering and inspection on major projects including water/sewer, stormwater, concrete and paving projects.
- Contract administration for annual contracts including asphalt, concrete, ditch spraying, engineering, fleet maintenance, major street landscaping (including Atlantic Blvd. and Town Center medians), mosquito control, palm tree trimming, sanitation, stormwater jetting, street sweeping, and surveying.
- Engineering and administrative support for regulatory permits and permit renewals.
- Preparation of the annual National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) report.
The Public Works Department can be reached at (904) 247-5834. Our fax number is (904) 247-5843.
Hours of Operation:
7:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
The address and location of the administrative offices is:
City of Atlantic Beach
Public Works Department
1200 Sandpiper Lane
Atlantic Beach, Florida 32233
Our operations complex and administrative offices are located north of Plaza Drive and 1/2 mile west of City Hall.
HOLIDAY RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE/RECYCLING /YARD WASTE COLLECTION
Please note that garbage, recycling and yard waste is collected every day of the year, except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. When these holidays fall on a regularly scheduled collection day, all solid waste will be collected on the following day.
For Public Works emergencies, call (904)-247-5834 at any hour. Calls received outside our normal operating hours will be handled by our answering service who will contact the appropriate personnel.