We want you to participate in what happens at City Hall. Below you’ll find some of the ways to stay in the know.
1) Join a board or committee – Our city benefits greatly from the work and experience of our citizens. Check out current boards on the City website (www.coab.us) to find the right fit for you. These boards make valuable recommendations to the City Commission on issues of the environment, zoning, city events, finances, and more. See the full list at www.coab.us/boards
2) Bookmark and follow COAB’s (City of Atlantic Beach) news page (www.coab.us/news), meeting/events calendar (www.coab.us/calendar), and projects (www.coab.us/projects)
3) Sign up for Atlantic Beach’s e-newsletter – It’s as easy as sending an email to email@example.com and saying, “Sign me up!” This newsletter is usually published 20-25 times a year, and particularly is a key communications tool during emergencies.
4) Attend a City Commission meeting – Regular meetings are held in the Commission Chamber of City Hall at 6:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Mondays of each month, except in December. Commission, board and committee meeting announcements are posted at www.coab.us/calendar. All meetings not only are open to the public, we really, really want you to be there.
5) Watch City Commission meetings online – Live-stream meetings at www.coab.us/live and watch meeting videos later at www.coab.us/meetingvideos.
6) “Like” the City of Atlantic Beach, Recreation Department and Police Department on Facebook – You’ll get updates right in your newsfeed.
7) Subscribe to NextDoor – The City posts regularly on this popular app, which connects people with their neighbors and engages the local community. Get started by downloading the NextDoor app on your smartphone.
8) Check out your Monthly Utility Bill Newsletter – Archives are at www.coab.us/newsletters.
9) Make a request/report a concern – www.coab.us/request.
10) Get alerts and report concerns via the SaferWatch app. Learn more at www.coab.us/saferwatch.
11) Read the city manager’s weekly summaries at www.coab.us/weeklysummary.
12) Stay in touch – Feel free to email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to email all of the City Commission members at once? Email email@example.com.
*** If any of these links don’t work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.