How do I view Crime Statistics for Atlantic Beach?

Visit the Crime Statistics website or go to the Crime Reports website.
How do I obtain a copy of a report?

You can obtain a report in person at the Police Department located at 850 Seminole Road, Monday - Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please see fee schedule on the Records page under Administration.  Requests can be submitted by mail. However, it may be necessary to call the Records Division at (904) 247-5859 EXT. 5867 prior to mailing the requests.

Records requests that involve researching multiple records and compiling data are subject to administrative fees to cover the costs of the processing. Estimates of the fees will be provided in advance in such cases.

You can also obtain a copy of your vehicle crash report from the Atlantic Beach Police Department Records Division. 

Our Records Custodian is Gail McGlynn.

How do I report a Crime?

        In an emergency, call "911" on your telephone and talk to the Emergency Communications Operator. For reporting a
        crime when there is no emergency, you are encouraged to call (904) 247-5859 to obtain assistance.

How do I pay Traffic Citations?

        Traffic citations are paid through the Duval County Clerk of the Court.  Please visit their website for further information.
How do I Pay a Parking or Animal Control Citation?

        These may be mailed or paid in person at: Atlantic Beach City Hall, 800 Seminole Road, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233. The 
        amount of the ticket and the other options should be listed on the Parking Citation or Animal Control Citation.
How can I Obtain Fingerprints?

        The Police Department rolls fingerprints for Atlantic Beach citizens and Atlantic Beach businesses only. They can be
        done anytime or day. To be printed, you must provide a photo I.D. and a fingerprint card(s). We do not provide digital
        fingerprints. There is no charge for this service.
How do I Check on an Investigation?

        To make inquiries or provide additional information on criminal investigations, citizens should contact the investigating
        officer, or contact GIU at (904) 247-5859.

How do I Request Additional Traffic Enforcement?

        When you identify a traffic problem that may need additional enforcement, you may call (904) 247-5859 and speak with 
        the shift commander, or you may contact the Patrol Lieutenant by email.  All traffic complaints are posted and assigned
        to officers for specific attention and enforcement.
How do I Request a Street Light, Stop Sign, or Traffic Light?
        Requests for traffic control devices and street lights are handled by the City of Atlantic Beach Public Works Division.
        They can be reached at (904) 247-5834.

How do I report a streetlight outage?

        You can report a streetlight outage via the 
JEA website.

How do I Make a Suggestion or Recommendation?

        If you have suggestions to improve Police operations, please contact the Chief of Police via written correspondence such
        as an email, a letter, a short note, or call (904) 247-5859.  Suggestions and recommendations are encouraged.  We 
        welcome community involvement.

Is there a waiting period before I can report someone missing?

        No, you may make a missing person report whenever you realize someone is missing.

I have left my residence and now living elsewhere but I need to get my clothing and other items. Can the police help me?

        The Police Department will send an officer to keep the peace and prevent violence while
         you retrieve your belongings.

Someone has abandoned a car or parked illegally in my parking lot or on my property. Can the police tow it away for me?

        The police can only tow away vehicles abandoned on public property. Call a wrecker service
         in your area and the vehicle will be towed away at no cost to you. The wrecker service
         will notify the Police Department once they have the vehicle to determine ownership.

How can I find out if someone is in jail, when someone in jail can be visited, and any other information about persons in jail?

         Call the Duval County jail information number at (904) 630-5747.

I do not have any transportation and have to get somewhere. Can a police officer give me a ride?

          Police officers cannot provide rides.

I need to get a message to someone that does not have a telephone. Can the Atlantic Beach Police Department go to the person’s home and deliver the message?

          No, we do not relay personal message.  We can only deliver emergency, life or death,
          messages.   We can perform welfare checks if there is a concern about someone’s

How can I evict someone from my property?

          Eviction is a legal process that often times requires a court order. Call the Civil Process
          office at the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office at (904) 630-2141 for more information.

What can I do about stray dogs, stray cats and barking dogs?

          Animal Control is the city agency responsible for calls involving dogs and cats. Their
          phone number is (904) 247-5866.

Can I report drunk or erratic drivers to 911 on my cellular telephone?

          Yes, calls to 911 on a cellular telephone are free. Do not try to pursue the drunk driver or
          place yourself in any danger. When you call you will be asked for the description of the
          car, where it is, and the direction it is going.

Does Atlantic Beach have a curfew?

         A curfew applies to persons under 18 years of age. The curfew is  between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., Sunday
         through Thursday and between 12:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., Friday and Saturday. A person under 18 is
         exempt if he or she is accompanied by a parent, guardian, custodian, or other adult person
         having custody or control of such minor. Running an emergency errand or legitimate
         employment are exclusions.

How can I find out about Florida’s concealed weapon permit?

         Complete information is available on the
Florida Department of Agriculture website.  They
         require digital fingerprints.  Our agency does not provide digital fingerprinting but
         the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office does.  

Who is required to wear a bicycle helmet?

         Florida law requires that a bicycle rider or passenger under 16 years of age must wear a
         helmet that meets the nationally recognized standards for bicycle helmets. It is also
         unlawful to rent a bicycle to a person under 16 years of age unless the person has an
         approved helmet or one is provided with the bicycle. Violations of the law relating to
         bicycle helmets, subject the violator to issuance of a traffic citation.

Can the police unlock my car if my keys are locked inside?

        No, because of the potential for damage to vehicles the Atlantic Beach Police Department does not open locked vehicles.